What you’ll get
Duration : 2 days 1 night
Departure : Ho Chi Minh city center
Suitable : Family, Friends, Honey moon couple
Type : Cruise tour
Product Code : T30BAS12
Mekong Delta is called “The Rice basket of Vietnam". It lives up to its reputation with enormous number of fruit gardens and orchards on one side and endless golden rice field on the other side of the river. Cruising with Bassac, you will spend a great time to enjoy and admire the peaceful beauty of Mekong River. Along the journey, you will meet and get in touch with local people occasionally. From a fruit seller to a fisherman, you will always feel a warm welcome from local residence with their honesty and great hospitality.
- Explore Tra On floating market and Cai Rang market
- Get a unique opportunity for a glimpse of the very varied life on the banks as well as on the water
- Take a visit on shore: past the first tree line, quiet discovery of the peaceful life in the delta's countryside
Flexible Price - Best Price Guaranteed
- 2 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 2 Dinners
- A/C transfer
- "Accommodation - oneId: #2"
- Price Includes
- Meals as program
- Transportation on board
- Vietnamese coffee, tea; mineral water
- Two visits on shore or on a small skiff
- Access to all services on board
- Access to and from the board on a longboat
- Accommodation of each passenger in a twin-share cabin, double- or twin-bedded
- Price Excludes
- Shuttle bus HCMC - Can Tho/Cai Be - HCMC (book in next step)
- Car/van Ho Chi Minh – Can Tho/ Cai Be - Ho Chi Minh (book in next step)
- Bar services
- Travel insurance
- Visas and visa fees
- Tips and gratuities
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 30 days before arrival: No charge
- 15-30 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 7-15 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 4-7 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 3 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by us
- Cancellation by Weather
In case of an unexpected situation/ bad weather causes an effect on your trip after commencement, we serve the right to change the itinerary of your booked tour for the safety of all clients in the group. If there are more than one solution, we will ask for your permission and agreement to do the next step. In such kind of cancellation, the refund of any payment on the un-used portion of transportation service, hotel service, car rental or tours will be given.
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to 8 years old: 50% of adult’s fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 9 to 11 years old: 75% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Students with ID student card: 95% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Over 11 years old: 100% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Day 1: Cai Be
7:30 - 08:15am: Optional shuttle bus picks you up at our meeting point - The Art Café No.54 Nguyen Thai Binh street in Ho Chi Minh city and transfer to Cai Be (private transfer upon request)
12:00 am Boarding at Cai Be at noon. Welcome drink, Introduction to the ship and crew, check into the cabins.
Departure towards Cho Lach on the Tien Giang river.
Lunch while en route. Rest on the deck.
The Bassac slips into the "Chợ Lách" canal, in the middle of the hustle and bustle of the river traffic, between markets and churches, a unique opportunity for a glimpse of the very varied life on the banks as well as on the water.
Visit of a village on the banks of river Mang Thit, an opportunity to appreciate the way of life and hospitality of the local inhabitants. Visit of the orchard or rice fields nearby.
Boarding back, complimentary drink as a welcome back on board. Rest on the deck enjoying the sunset. The crew will serve dinner while the Bassac is cruising Mang Thit river.
The Bassac sets anchor just downstream from Tra On for the night.
Meals: L, D
Accommodation: Bassac cruise
- Day 2: Can Tho disembark
The boat departs at 06:00, as the ship passes by Tra On, where you may see a small floating market. The ship then departs towards Can Tho. The breakfast is available at 7:00.
Arrival near Cai Rang floating market, check out and transfer onto a local boat to visit the floating market, then a noodle factory and return to the Ninh Kieu pier.
End of services by mid-morning on shore at Can Tho. Get the bus back to Saigon for only people who booked the bus with us
Accommodation: Bassac cruise
Compare with other products
Questions & Answers
9.6Based on 4 reviews
Value for money9.5
24 Jan 2019
22 Jan 2019
We spent a night on the Bassac and loved it! The meals were well prepared, staff attentive and the cabins very clean and comfortable. May I suggest you wake up for the sunrise as it was the most beautiful and peaceful part of the day
02 Apr 2015
The cruise was very good. The staff were excellent, especially our guide, she had a lot of knowledge and was lovely. The food was also very good, we had a lovely time and would recommend the baasac cruise to anyone that asks
14 Jan 2014
I would like to let you know that we very much enjoyed the cruise, the meals, cabin, tour leader and concept with the exclusions etc. I have never tasted food like it our cabins were so comfy we both slept so very well, our guide was so lovely and the friendliness from every crew member and drivers etc was genuine... the only criticism I would have is the time it takes to get their and back from Ho Chi Minh 3 hours there and 2 1/2 back and the fact that if we had known that we would be boarding at lunchtime then getting off the boat early the next day we probably would have booked the longer cruise, we so enjoyed everything,