Located in the pristine coastal area of Natai Beach, Phuket, the beauty of this place is characterized by tranquility with its vast sandy beaches and charming turquoise waters.
Coming to Phuket, you will also encounter the richness of ethnic cultures such as the Chinese ancient town, the Thai girls with the graceful traditional costumes, and the religions with Wat Chalong - the largest temple here.
How to get to Phuket
- Plane: From Ho Chi Minh city/Hanoi, there is a direct flight to Phuket of Vietjet Air. With other airlines like Air Asia and Nok Air, you will have to fly from Bangkok or Singapore or Kuala Lumpur, but most passengers from Vietnam choose Bangkok. Fares range from VND 1,500,000/way
- Train: The train will take you from Bangkok Hua Lam Phong station to Sura Thani station, then you will have to take a bus to Phuket. The train fare is about baht 1000 and the travel time is about 12 hours.
- Bus: You can go directly to the center of Phuket from Bangkok's Hua Lam Phong station with the cheapest seats of about baht 600-700 and 12 hours of travel.
Traveling by bus in Phuket
How to move from the airport to Phuket
- Bus: The price is baht 150-200 (VND 120,000-150,000). At Phuket Airport, after getting your baggage, you get to the lobby to choose a bus that will take you to the central locations like Patong beach or Phuket town.
- Taxi/shuttle bus service of hotel/resort: the price is about baht 800 (VND 550,000).
Top places to visit in Phuket
- Koh Phi Phi: where not only has the cleanest and most beautiful beaches in the world but also is famous for its natural and majestic scenery.
- Phang Nga Bay: this is the location of many famous movies such as "Spy 007," "Jurassic Park," where converges many giant limestone cliffs on the sea with many strange shapes.
- Coral Island: a paradise to immerse into the clear blue sea stretching for kilometers.
- Old Phuket Town: admire many ancient temples with Chinese architecture and ancient coffee shops built long ago.
The Old Phuket Town
- Phuket Zoo and Animal Parks: visit Phuket zoo with lots of animals and enjoy special animal shows, the zoo's top attractions.
- Baan Teelanka: it is in the top 5 most unique destinations in Phuket. You will walk on the ceiling of an upside-down house and experience new sensations in a reversed space.
- Wat Chalong: is Phuket's most important Buddhist temple. The temple is extremely revered by the Thai people. They believe that this place is a land with the capability of treating diseases
- Wat Phra Nang Sang: is the oldest Buddhist temple on Phuket, built when Thalang was still the island's capital.
- Wat Phra Thong: is the second most important temple in Phuket. Its popularity stems from a miraculous statue of Buddha (Phra Tong meaning "Golden Buddha"). The statue is in a sitting posture but pointing to the center of the chest.
Wat Phra Thong
The must-watch shows when coming to Phuket
- Phuket Fantasea Show: one of the most famous shows in Phuket with the participation of hundreds of actors, elephants, and other animals in a stunning Las Vegas-style setting.
- Simon Cabaret Phuket Show: enjoy an art party with flexible and beautiful dances of Thai ladyboy artists.
- Siam Niramit Show Phuket: one of Thailand's most exciting and large-scale art shows, recreating the past, present, and future of the country.
- Dolphins Bay Show Phuket: enjoy a fun performance of dolphins, suitable for both adults and children.
- Bangla Boxing Stadium Patong Phuket Show: enjoy the fights between Muay Thai athletes from around the world at the famous Phuket stadium.
Bangla Boxing Stadium Patong Phuket Show
Nightlife attractions in Phuket
- Bangla Road: You can wander and drink coffee along the bustling Patong beach until morning, or go to a bar, pub, sexy show in Bangla Road.
- Commercial centers: Jungceylon Shopping Center, Robinsons, etc.
- Enjoy shows like Sexy Patpong show, Big Eyes, Thai Muay, Fantasea and Simon.
Shopping in Phuket
- Commercial centers: Central Festival Phuket, Premium Outlet Phuket, Jungceylon Shopping Center, Mallin Plaza Patong.
- Markets: Banzaan, Phuket Indy, Royal night market.
What to eat
Coming to Phuket, you should not ignore the special dishes of the place.
- Geng Som: This very spicy sour soup in Phuket made from fish, shrimp, tamarind and turmeric will surely awaken all your senses.
- Homok fish curry: It is a dish only in Phuket with its unique flavor and special processing, wrapped in banana leaves and steamed with a herbal called bai cha-ploo.
- Kanom Jeen fermented noodles: This dish is made from fermented rice so it has a very special taste, served with fish curry sauce, made of curry powder, coconut milk, spices, and fish. The accompanying vegetables are also very plentiful such as mung bean sprouts, banana flowers, etc.