What you’ll get
Duration : 3 Days 2 nights
Departure : Ho Chi Minh City
Suitable : family, friend, group...
Type : Cruise tour
Product Code : T88SRE15
Mekong Delta Three Day Tour combines an adventurous speedboat journey through the waterways of the Delta, relaxing stay at a boutique hotel on one of the islands of My Tho, a cruise to Can Tho aboard a vintage Bassac ship and much more… It is a perfect choice for those who want to explore the Mekong Delta thoroughly and also appreciate comfort and excellent service from the hotel pick-up to drop off.
- Have a delicious dinner specially cooked by a French chef
- Experience an adventurous speedboat journey through the waterways of the Delta
- Visit a colorful riverside market, local houses, various workshops and a Buddhist temple
Flexible Price - Best Price Guaranteed
|OPTION TYPE||MAX||RATES||PRICE DETAIL||TOTAL|
Size : N/A Max Adults: 2
Bed size: N/A
Price per person join group tour, min=2pax/booking
Choose date to show price
Recommend for you
Total Option Price
Ends in : 05:23:35 hours
Easy & fast checkout
24/7 customer support
This option is fully booked, please change your date or contact us for more details.
- 2 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 2 Dinners
- A/C transfer
- "Accommodation - oneId: #1"
- Price Includes
- All entrance fees
- English-speaking guide
- Overnight stay at The Island Lodge
- Overnight stay on Bassac cruise ship
- Unlimited refreshments and local fruits
- Complimentary drinks on board Bassac ship
- Pick-up and drop off at centrally located hotels
- Meals as indicated: B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D= Dinner
- Price Excludes
- Tips for crew and tour guide
- Other personal expenses during the trip
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 30 days before arrival: No charge
- 15-30 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 7-15 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 4-7 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 3 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by us
- Cancellation by Weather
In case of an unexpected situation/ bad weather causes an effect on your trip after commencement, we serve the right to change the itinerary of your booked tour for the safety of all clients in the group. If there are more than one solution, we will ask for your permission and agreement to do the next step. In such kind of cancellation, the refund of any payment on the un-used portion of transportation service, hotel service, car rental or tours will be given
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to 8 years old: 50% of adult’s fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 9 to 11 years old: 75% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Students with ID student card: 95% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Over 11 years old: 100% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Day 1: Ho Chi Minh City â€“ Tan Cang â€“ Can Giuoc â€“ The Island Lodge
8:00 am: Your guide will meet you at the lobby of your hotel and bring you by car to your boat at Tan Cang Pier.
8:15 am: The boat departs and you slip away from downtown Saigon via narrow canals and enter the verdant green tributaries of the Mekong Delta. A light breakfast is served on board.
9:00 am: Visit Can Giuoc riverside market full of local curiosities, tropical fruits and all manner of fish and shellfish. Great photo opportunities!
10:00 am: Enjoy a brief stop at the Pagoda, while your guide explains the importance of Buddhism to many people of the Delta.
10:30 am: Reach the idyllic watery expanses of the Delta itself, known as the Delta of Nine Dragons for the 9 tributaries that splinter from the main Mekong River.
12:00 pm: Visit a brick atelier to see how locals still use traditional technologies to make bricks.
12:30 pm: Take a ride on “xe loi”, a traditional transport used in the villages of the Mekong Delta.
1:00 pm: Have a delicious lunch at a local riverside restaurant.
2:00 pm: Continue your xe loi ride and visit a weaving workshop. Board a boat and go through small canals to reach a coconut candy workshop.
3:00 pm: Arrive at the boutique hotel The Island Lodge. Relax by the river, chill at the pool or take a bike ride on the peaceful alleys of the Unicorn Island full of shady fruit trees.
In the evening we have a delicious dinner specially cooked for you by a French chef.
Meals: L, D
Accommodation: The Island Lodge
- Day 2: The Island Lodge â€“ Cai Be â€“ Cho Lach â€“ Tra On
9:00 am: Have breakfast at the hotel and depart The Island Lodge to continue exploring the Delta.
9:45 am: Visit Cai Be floating market to see how locals run their trading business on the river.
11:30 am: Board Bassac wooden cruise boat in Cai Be. Enjoy a welcome drink and check-in to your cabin, while departing towards Cho Lach on the Tien Giang river.
12:00 pm: Enjoy Vietnamese lunch on board cooked by Bassac chef. Relax on the deck after lunch.
2:00 pm: The boat slips into the "Chá»£ Lách" Canal, in the middle of the hustle and bustle river, between markets and churches, a unique opportunity for a glimpse of the colorful and active life on the river and its banks.
3:00 pm: Explore a village on the banks of Mang Thit River, observe the way of life and experience hospitality of the locals before visiting a nearby orchard or rice fields.
4:00 pm: Board back and enjoy a complimentary drink, watching the sunset on the deck.
6:00 pm: The crew will serve dinner of Mekong specialties, while the boat is cruising Mang Thit River.
7:00 pm: Bassac sets anchor just downstream from the little Tra On floating market, for the night.
Meals: B, L, D
- Day 3: Tra On â€“ Can Tho â€“ Cai Rang â€“ Ninh Kieu â€“ Ho Chi Minh city
6:30 am – Have an early breakfast while passing by the Tra On floating market. Then the ship will depart to Can Tho.
8:30 am: Arrival to Cai Rang floating market, check out and transfer to a local boat to slide between the market vessels.
10:00 am: Visit a noodle factory and return to the Ninh Kieu pier in Can Tho.
12:00 pm: Lunch at Sao Hom or Nam Bo restaurant.
If you wish, you can also add one of the extensions to your tour: it can be either a lunch cruise to a khmer pagoda or a cycling tour along Tra On river. (In this case, a surcharge will be applied).
1:00 pm: Minivan will pick you up after lunch and bring back to Saigon. There will be a 30-minute rest stop on the way.
4:30 pm: Drop off at the hotel in HCMC.
Meals: B, L
Please note that due to the individual nature of the tours, times are approximate and can vary slightly.
Questions & Answers
9.6Based on 3 reviews
Value for money9.7
18 Jan 2019
A perfect orginzed tour and it worked clockwise with pickup and the schedule during the day. Great guide and interesting subject for the tour. Must be much better than sitting on bus for a couple of hours when this option with a river boat tour is much more convinient.
12 Oct 2018
Visiting the Mekong Delta by high speed boat is a must - getting there is really interesting as you pass by lots of different suburbs of Saigon (some of the poorer areas are an eye opener). The small group was great and we were looked after really well by our two hosts (who both spoke good English). The snacks, drinks and lunch was all excellent and the stops we made were informative and friendly - well worth the money
07 Oct 2018
Our tour guide arrived to our hotel on time. He was very knowledgeable about the people, culture & area in general. He also had a great sense of humor. We were well fed & had plenty of cold water, sodas & ice tea to drink. They even provided rain ponchos for us when it started to rain. The whole experience was wonderful & the attention to detail was much appreciated. We would highly recommend this boat tour experience.